The Indian Embassy in Kuwait has begun registering its nationals who do not possess valid travel documents and wish to return to their country.
A statement of the embassy stated on its website that the registration is for those who do not have a valid passport or cases that need emergency certificates, or submit online form (click her for form) or visit embassy’s consulate hall and passport application centers in Sharq, Abbasiya and Fahaheel. The original passport or the expedited certificate number will be taken as the registration number.
Many Indian citizens failed to take advantage of the Kuwaiti amnesty period announced by the government last April.
Indian nationals in Kuwait who do not hold valid travel documents and are desirous of returning back to India are advised to register by filling the below form.
Please kindly note the following important points related to issuance of Emergency Certificates (ECs)
- Emergency Certificate (EC) is a one time travel document issued only for the purpose of entry into India within six months of the date of issuance and issued to such Indian nationals who have become illegal residents in any country and hence face deportation (due to overstay, illegal entry and criminal offenses)
- Indian nationals who are already in possession of a valid travel document need not apply for an EC.
- With the issuance of an EC, all other travel documents, including the current passport, of the concerned national stand cancelled and these documents cannot be revived under any circumstances
- Obtaining EC should not be equated with clearances for travel from the concerned local authorities. Individuals facing fines, penalties, legal proceedings or have a travel ban imposed on them by the host country cannot leave the country without obtaining necessary clearances from all the concerned authorities including the Residency Affairs Department and the Airport Immigration Authority, as in the case of the State of Kuwait.
- Procurement of ECs through false representation (for example, falsely claiming loss of passport) will attract a penalty of RS. 5,000/-
- Issuance of EC for a second time is limited to exceptional cases and will be subject to submission of a copy of the return air ticket.
Source : Arabtimes
Filed in: All